Serial Number 1

YOU have found the first Bird House by Tammy! It is serial number 1 and was first located in early July of 2019, on Foxworth Dr. in Wasilla Alaska.

This birdhouse was designed for the following critters.

  • House and Bewick’s Wrens,
  • Black-capped, Mountain, and Boreal
  • Chestnut-backed, and Carolina Chickadees
  • Juniper
  • Black-crested, Oak, Tufted, and Bridled Titmice
  • Pygmy, White-breasted, Red-breasted, and Brown-headed Nuthatches
  • Prothonotary and Lucy’s Warbler
  • ( just for fun) Flying Squirrel

Tell us what you see now in the comments

Yet another update. (I am on a roll)

I am getting a little burned out on watching other people on YouTube, DOING, what we plan to do. I am not resentful, only a little bit envious, and sad to admit more than a little bit scared. (only YOU, my hairdresser, and my teddy bear know this so keep it quiet)

I spent the last 10 years building the “perfect” life, complete with a 2400Sq Ft. custom smart house (Tammy made it a smartHOME), a thriving small business, and a rat race life. I cannot believe we have been “downsizing” for almost 2 years and still have stuff of value left. And what we want to take still won’t fit in the van.

The truth is, “living with less” is still not completely real to me even though we have sold over $10k worth of “stuff’ and don’t miss any of it.

Today, we were passed by a sprinter covered with stickers. It was obviously the mobile palace of a man and his queen who had made good on our promise.

We all found the courage the courage to pull over and meet each other.

AS ALWAYS. I was immediately overwhelmed with gratitude for the people my higher power insists that I meet. We shared sprinter stories and accolades, a little sun, ideas, and many smiles and laughs, it was a beautiful interlude to a long day.

Dan and Kristina are real people who are living full time in (or out of) a sprinter. They built it, and they are living it!

I needed the reminder of what it is all about. Thank YOU!

Another update

MagicSprinter gets about 50 new “users” a day. I am sure the vast majority is spam. I have been to cheap to pay for the advanced spam filter so I just went in a bulk deleted users (and their comments) IF you are/were a legit user, you may have to start over with the registration process.

If not, meet my new best friend. The akismet WP spam filter.

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Update

Ok, I have not updated in a loooong time. I am truly sorry In my defense we have been enjoying an epic Alaska summer, and working on the MagicSprinter pretty much everyday.

The trip to Fairbanks, then Juneau (see the gallery for pictures) produced a punch list of things that were not on the short list.

  • Mosquito netting over the big door. (DONE) see the galery.
  • Rotate the bed 90 degrees and make it 80 inches from 70 inches long. Guess whos idea that was 🙂 DONE, and excellent! we can both stretch out and we made some new for storage.
  • Integrate Alexa. (Almost done) The miles of programming are done, and tested. I just need to put the DAQPi back in, test everything, wire it back up,  buy another echo, etc, Ad infinitum I will probably find another excuse to rewire the backplane in the process.
  • Bulkhead at back door, or head of bed, depending on perspective.  Done but needs a hinge the jams for the escape hatch
    • Must include escape hatch
    • Should be usable for hanging storage
    • Kitty containment
  • cargo net at foot of bed. (not even started)
    • Kitty containment
  • External cell booster, and 4G antenna. (DONE, but I have ideas to make it work better)
  • TV. (research started)
  • Additional batteries (cuz i suddenly feel like i am wasting solar energy) this is on the short list for the next time we can afford it (SOON)

So, since some of our punch list is done, we decided to work on a form over functionality project. Finishing the interior wood.

I have always planned to sand/poly/sand more/poly/ sand again/poly, repeat until happy method of finishing the interior as natural wood. Today, I am leaning toward finishing the trim, and hitting it with a nice coat of chalk paint.

The desk, which is 3/4 oak plywood that has been abused and unfinished for 3 years will probably get a good sanding, a burned in outline of Alaska, and a 16th of an inch of clear epoxy. As a matter of fact, that is a project I can start now 🙂

Back to work!